Objective of the Department:
The Department of Zoology came into existence in the month of February 2021. Thevdepartment strives to provide academic leadership to the subject of Zoology and continuouslyv taking efforts to inculcate scientific temperament among students. The Department caters the need for the students from rural and backward area of Tulungia and nearby areas and also for others; making them a very good asset for society. It serves to inculcate social responsibilities and serve the society by not only becoming Teachers, Scientists, Zoologists but also as responsible citizens who bridge the gap between science and common man. The department currently offers regular and honours CBCS degree courses.
Future plans of the department:
1. Establishment of high end laboratory.
2. Establishment and Enrichment of Departmental library.
1.. Sorting out the needs of our region and designing the research projects and submission of research proposals to different funding agencies.
2. To create, innovate and disseminate knowledge in Zoological science.
3. To inculcate morality, ethics, and humanity among young minds.
4. Undertaking of the need based courses and innovative programmes.
5. Promotion to provide consultancy and laboratory services on hire basis and generation of
6. Preparation of data base of research carried out in different disciplines.