A library is the heart of an educational institution. Library of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Adarsha Mahavidyalaya is not less than one which is located at the first floor of the college building with a very rich collection in various subjects covering all textbooks, reference books, journals and newspapers. Students may borrow books from the library against the Library Cards. They may read various newspapers and journals in the reading room of the library. The central library is fully automated one. Integrated library management software SOUL 2.0 has been installed in the library in 2020. The library has a digital library section also through which library users can access different e-resources along with previous question papers, college journal, magazine, newsletter etc.
Number of books issued:
For Students: 2 Books for 15 days.
For Faculty members: 5 Books for 2months
Working Hours: The library remains open from 9 A.M to 4 P.M. (Monday to Saturday)
General Library Rules:
1. Library membership can be achieved by filling up library membership form. Students must submit the following documents along with library membership form:
a) Photocopy of admission receipt.
b) Photocopy of address proof (Aadhar Card/Birth Certificate/Electricity Bill/Voter ID Card/Passport).
c) Two passport size photos.
2. A student must bring his/her library card to the library and can borrow maximum two books for a period of 15 days. He/she must return the books within 15 days from the date of issue, failure of which a late fine of Rs. 2.00 per day will be charged.
3. A book can be renewed for another 15 days (for one time only)
4. Students must deposit their belongings (Bag, mobile etc.) in the property counter before entering inside the library.
5. Students must put their Name, class/semester, roll no, purpose of visit, time of entry, time of departure and signature in the gate register at the time of entering into the library.
6. Silence shall be strictly observed in the library.
7. Conversation, making noise, spitting, and smoking inside the Library are strictly
8. Mobile phones are strictly prohibited in and around the library.
9. Students should carefully examine the books issued to them before leaving the Library Counter. They shall bring immediately to the notice of the librarian about any damage or mutilation of the book issued. Otherwise the borrower will be held responsible for any damage of mutilation and is required to replace it.
|Sl No||Name of the staff||Designation|
|1||Miss Banasri Deka,
M.L.I.Sc, M.Phil, PGDCA
|2||Mr. Anupam Sarma
|3||Mr. Rakibul Islam
There is a library advisory committee which is formed as per the DHE, Assam guidelines. The members of the committee help the librarian by giving fruitful advice and suggestion for upliftment of the library.
Chairman: Dr. Gunindra Das, Principal
Convener: Ms. Banasri Deka, Librarian
1. Dr. Pranjal Morang, Vice Principal
2. Dr. Kaushik Kishore Phukan, Co-ordinator, IQAC
3. Mrs. Pratyashi Tamuly, Commerce Stream
4. Dr. Rituparna Sarma, Science Stream